rec.games.pinball Archive and posting Gateway  

Go Back   rec.games.pinball Archive and posting Gateway > rgpArchives.com Pinball Forums > RGParchive howto's (FAQ)

Notices

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A true...games you've kept the longest thread (so we dont end uphijacking the other thread) Pinballed rec.games.pinball 52 06-21-11 01:50 PM
A true...games you've kept the longest thread (so we dont end uphijacking the other thread) Dan Q very much rec.games.pinball 0 06-09-11 11:56 AM
A true...games you've kept the longest thread (so we dont end uphijacking the other thread) Gary Martin rec.games.pinball 0 06-09-11 11:38 AM
WTB HEP or similar CV azpinlawyer rec.games.pinball 2 09-17-10 01:00 PM
What Is Similar To MB Raider Mike rec.games.pinball 11 04-30-07 07:08 PM

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-11, 10:53 PM
Site Administrator

Default Similar Thread

There is another feature some of you may find useful, especially if you are troubleshooting a problem Pin. When you do a search, or you even start a new thread, the software here looks at the title and the contents of the post and then finds similar threads that MAY be of the same type. These similar threads get placed at the top of the thread list, with a red bar across the top.

Not all threads will have a similar thread. Sometimes the scoring just isn't high enough for it to match or it hasn't been index yet.

All in all I think it is a good feature that I have turned back on since the move.

I have attached a PIC of what it looks like. in the example PIC, I clicked on the thread titled "Scared Stiff Tech". When I did, it brought up the thread, but on the top of the display, it shows the similar threads, that you the user might want to review as well.

Nacman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	similarthread.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	196